welcome winter and all of your cold, dry air!
just kidding.. you’re not exactly welcome. yet, I have no ability to send you back to where you came from so, welcome anyways!
it is currently 12 degrees fahrenheit as I am typing this post.. I’m all bundled up in fuzzy socks and a plush cardigan with my jumbo cup of piping hot hazelnut coffee trying not to freeze in my tiny old dorm room.
with cold weather comes windy and very, very dry air. it is essential to keep a strict and steady beauty regiment in order to not end up with flakey, peeling dry skin. ew!
here are some of my life saving beauty finds for surviving the winter air.
2. Dior Lip Glow $33. the Dior Lip Glow, available in three colors, goes on like a balm and is moisturizing like one as well. it enhances your natural lip color while adding a subtle sheer pink tint. great for chapped lips that need a nice natural look.
3. Dior Star Foundation $50. available in 14 colors. a weightless brightening foundation that helps to illuminate the face without creating a shine. great for amping up dull winter skin.
4. LUSH Lip Scrub $9.95. the best remedy for chapped lips, which are more than common in winter months. plus, it tastes great and comes in a variety of flavors!
5. YSL Black Opium ranges from $67 – $115. the absolute best scent for winter! helps to pull you out of the bland, boring winter blues with its hint of black coffee mixed with vanilla.
6. Christian Louboutin Lip Color $90. this lipstick comes in 8 colors and a variety of formulas. I love the velvet matte lip color, it goes on incredibly smooth and is rich in color that sets in a soft matte finish. great for brightening up the face and adding some needed color to winter! plus, the packaging is to die for.
7. Dior Addict It – Lash Mascara $27.50. the best mascara I have ever had my hands on by far. the brush adds volume and length and the mascara features great, vibrant color.
8. Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray $23. spritzing this on before applying makeup has really helped to keep my skin from getting dry throughout the day. I spray it on after my moisturizer has set in and right before applying my foundation.
a few other tricks..
if you have any other helpful tips feel free to leave a comment!
I hope to have helped in some way, enjoy your winter season and stay warm!
My favorite new beauty brands to bring back to school…